Monday, November 30, 2009

The Hall of Memory

Created as inspiration for a personal movement scale. It represents the duality of mankind.


Hall of Memory
A dichotomy of choices,
One long corridor with
Many doors, all holding
Various possibilities.

Some are light,
Their sereness threatens
To seduce me
With quiet, lulling dreams.

Others are dark,
Nightmarish in the extreme.
Hellish doors I dare not
Open.

Here I stand
In this Hallowed Place,
Darkness and Light
Fight hard to dominate.

Light or Dark?
Each olds its
Own unique
Pleasures and Pains.

Heaven or Hell?
Fulfillment or longing?
Nightmares or dreams?
Which will it be?

Here, I stand
On a steep precipice
Facing peace from angels
Or destruction by demons.

Where do I go?
Left or Right?
Do I choose
Dark or light?

I walk an uncertain
Pathway, footsteps echo
Loudly down this
Sacred Hall of Memory.


Left or Right?
Darkness or Light?
Which door do I open?
What do I seek?

Do I seek at all or
Is the answer more complex?
Do I choose Light or Dark
Or, does IT choose me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment