Friday, March 29, 2013

Waiting

I'm having a very stressful time at the moment with many career choices being up in the air. So this is what I came up with as a way to alleviate the stress. 

The clocks tick,
They decide my fate
No matter how I hate it,
I just have to wait.

The doubts and the fears,
The questions of course too,
Spin round in my brain,
There's little I can do.

I long to stop them,
Their shrieks and their cries,
The doubts cloud my brain,
Fill my head with lies.

The terrifying thing,
There's no end in sight,
These doubts and these fears
Don't die at first light.

Like vampires they suck me
Till my soul is no more,
They still long to feed then,
After my body's dead on the floor.

I scream in silence,
There's nobody there,
No one to save me,
Just still, silent air.

The waiting continues,
Goes on indefinitely,
Through the darks days
Maybe, an end I'll soon see.

No comments:

Post a Comment