Friday, March 29, 2013

A Fighting WIsh

So I've been reflecting a lot on my life and a lot on my career choice. And I keep coming back to the reason I'm enduring all the drama, the chaos and the waiting game--something I despise. And I keep coming back to a certain someone in my life. And why, after everything I've been through, he is still there. And why the hell I still struggle to impress him. So here's "A Fighting Wish."

I stop and wonder
Why I picked you
To guide and teach me
So I'll learn something new.

What was it about you,
Your wit or your charm?
That kept drawing me to you,
Hoping I'd come to no harm.

I let you touch me
In a new, novel way,
I gave you my mind
Then you sent me away.

Blindly I followed you
Through my adult life
Asking you for guidance
Putting up with your strife.

Through the heartache and pain
Knowing you does bring me,
I keep holding out hope
That some day you'll see

How much I strive
For your approval
I toil and struggle
For you ego's removal.

Just look at me,
See what I can do,
Silently I scream it,
Always at you.

I work myself raw
Hoping one day you'll see
The work that I do
And you'll be proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment