Monday, April 1, 2013

Why? A poem examining life

A dear friend of mine recently let me know she is seriously ill and I have been contemplating life and how insane it is. I honestly don't know how to deal with the stress of this situation because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it or for her. That being said, I have write this poem entitled "Why?" as a way to explore my stress.

Why? 
Why is there death?
Why not eternal life?
Why so much pain
And far too much strife?

How to we know
The life we live,
Balance the take
With how much we give?

How come our world
Can end on a sigh,
When just one hello
Can end with goodbye?

And how do we know
The life of our soul
Balance good and evil
And achieve our goal?

How can we control
Who touches our life
Who helps us to be
And who helps us to fight?

How do we stop
Our feelings so deep
What ones to let go,
And which ones to keep?

How do we managed
To take pain away
Rid it from love
For more then a day?

And how to we keep
Away the fear,
Of the suffering of someone
We hold most dear?

And why does our
Anguish turn to pain
When crisis hits us
And fear we can't tame?

Why is life
Filled with ups and downs,
Emotions and terrors
Smiles and frowns?

And how to I managed
To always keep hold
Through this thing called life
As events unfold?

No comments:

Post a Comment