Friday, August 2, 2013

A Bipolar Brain

Terror and horror
They go hand in hand
A movie in my mind
Their music a band

Of tortures that
 Play in my ears
Barking and screeching
And living out fears.

What kind of thoughts
Live in a Bipolar brain?
Many of heartache,
Even more of pain.

Sometimes there's joy
But those are scarce and few
Occasionally there's happy
But that's as fragile as dew.

A word, an action
Harsh or not meant
Can take this brain
And turn it to cement.

Thoughts won't fire
Life is a haze
All that's your company
Are dark, lonely days.

Or thoughts move too fast
Swifter then lightening
Trying to catch them,
Now that can be frightening.

Each one can hold horrors
Imagined or real
The thoughts that make it
Too painful to feel.

Happy though, is what people want
So you try always to give
Smiles abound
Even when it, is too painful to live.

Don't let anyone see
The pain and the fear
Smile and laugh
Though demons you hear.

It's always a fear
Locked in my heart
If these thoughts were known
From people I'd part.

It's really crazy
The judgements I've got
Pointing fingers and jeers
"She's one crazy sot!"

I'm not crazy
I want to scream
I feel things intently
And wish it were a dream.

So rarely I tell
What's locked in my mind
Though I'd love to share
With a friend who is kind.

I'd love to one day
Tell the world who I am
Tell all the fears
A dialogue began.

So I'll share it here
In this nice little book,
A kindred soul will,
Perhaps take a look.

She'll read these words
This poem of sorts
And maybe she'll realize
Out there ARE supports.

I know I won't know her
Or learn her name
But of reading my struggles
Perhaps, some knowledge she'll gain.

She's not alone
Or isolated from all
And maybe that thought
Will make her stand ten feet fall.

Everyone is different
Her, you, me
Loved her our uniqueness
I wish we could be.

Without all the stigma
The word insanity
Love me for me,
Not who you'll think I'd be.

Please do sit
And wait till we fall
Kick us and break us
Pressed against a wall.

Honor our spirit
Honor our soul
To be fully accepted,
This Bipolar's only goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment