Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ripped

I was sitting in Professional Development the other day and was having extremely manic thoughts. This is the result. 

I always wonder,
My thoughts like thunder,
Bounce through my brain
Like shards of pain.

They pound my ear
Triple my fears
Create a shroud
Eyes closed, loud!

I can't shake the feelin'
My thoughts are reelin'
Death fills my mind
My nose to the grind.

My thoughts won't quit
Can't sleep for spit
I've gotta run
Like quick, he's got a gun!

I close my eyes
Search for the prize
Of eternal peace
May be within my reach.

Fire in my mind
My thoughts unwind
But in my soul,
Salvation's my goal.

To be able to breathe
To think with ease
To lose control
Love deep in my soul.

To feel that fire
To know that desire
To know that touch
To love too much.

I search and yearn
I still feel that burn
I want quiet and love
Free thoughts like a dove.

No comments:

Post a Comment