Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A surprise

So this poem comes from one of my dear friends and one of my heroes considering coming to a show I'm doing this weekend. I don't know if she'll come or not, but just the fact she is considering it means a ton to me .

Just one night
A balancing act
A tremulant emotion
I'll try not to crack .

I can't believe
After so long
Acknowledgment of my work
She'll see it, right or wrong.  

She's coming to see
The work that I do
A judgement, a snapshot
And a smile too.

I shouldn't be nervous
I really shouldn't fear
I'm sure at worst I'll get
"well done my dear."

But memories still haunt
Of times not long ago
When a tone in her voice
Said things weren't a go.

The fear still exists
The terror all to real
From curtain to curtain
I'm sure I won't feel

Any joy from praise
That comes my way
A light in her eyes
Will be all that's needed to say.

Her expressions I know
Only too well
The wrong one that night
Will send me to hell.

As scared as I am
I'm stoked as well
Just to have her there
Even in my private hell.

A laugh, a smile
That's really all I'll need
To make me relax
And the fear to recede.

No comments:

Post a Comment