Sunday, April 7, 2013

Flung World


This poem came as a result for me reflecting on a dance piece I sound designed years ago. It was my fist foray into design work and I had a helluva time with it. These are the reflections some years later. 

flung-world
Drums beating,
Rhythm pounding
Chaos ensues.

Bodies flailing
Hissing echoes,
Droning incessantly.

Sweat flying,
Minds and
Bodies exhausted.

Pounding drums,
Uneven rhythms,
Scalding anger.

Doing nothing,
Can’t fix
My errors.

A slave
To these
Rampant emotions.

Eyes burning,
Ears pounding,
Mind throbbing.

Radiating disappointment,
Dark eyes
Stare straight

Through me.
Chilling, sickening.
I’m hopeless.

Boyfriend can’t
Be seen.
No time.

He listens
As I
Rant constantly.

He smiles,
Says I’m
Doing great.

He doesn’t
Know her.
The anger

Utterly paralyzing
Utterly terrifying.
Music’s dead.

Finally, a
Break through.
Music’s right.

I sigh,
Lean back
And smile.

My boy
Is right.
I’m okay.

Cheryl’s right
Too. It’s
Truly a

flung-world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment