Tuesday, April 23, 2013

For the past two days

So my schedule is hectic, but I am still writing. I will have much more time to write once my play is over. That being said, here are the two poems I wrote in the past two days. The first is a Haiku about my show, the second is a realization that hit me earlier today. 

Bang Bang You're Dead

Rehearsing nightly
Opening looms very near
Excitement unfolds.

A revelation happened to me today when I checked my email box and didn't see the email I was expecting. And haven't seen it for the past several days. So I think in my own little way, I have to make peace with something. 

An idol destroyed
A vision shattered
My life a void
Nothing does matter.

A hole in my heart
So deep within me
The pain, the part
You never will see.

A cleaner break
A thought of me
A word for my sake
You're a huge part of me.

I have worked hard
To make you proud
Your rejection a shard
Your silent message loud.

I'll hide away
A shadowy hall
Thinking of a way
To stop this hard fall.

I'll say goodbye
Nothing's left to say
I'll try not to cry
In this parting of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment